Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Inaugural Day of the Girl Awareness and Celebration
Join us at the Inaugural Day of the Girl Celebration! The very first International Day of the Girl is taking place on October 11th. To celebrate, we're hosting a screening of It's a Girl and more, the very next day (October 12th) including:
- A screening of the documentary: It's a Girl (click to see the trailer)
- Keynote speech by 11- year old Alyna Jamal Nanji
- Presentation on gendercide in North America and what Toronto's most active are doing to bring gender equality to the fore by UNACTO research-intern Mekdes Solomon
- Inaugural Day of the Girl Celebration!
- Raffle prizes
- a setting displaying artwork by Toronto teens
When: October 12th, 7-10pm
Where: George Ignatieff Theatre @ Trinity College, University of Toronto
How to get there: Click here, scrolling down for directions